[Opensim-users] Question out of curiosity Re:Prim Data Formats

LaeMing laeming at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 22 22:35:29 UTC 2009

I am curious about the format of prim attribute data, particularly whether it
is fixed length, or if there is potential to expand the types of prims and/or
attributes for existing prims. Obviously this would require expanding the
mesher server-side and the renderer (and edit tools) client-side, but I am
more interested here in whether the database entries themselves can be
expanded this way without breaking the defined storage/transmission formats.

(Google is not my friend on this issue - too much noise :-( )

Lae