[Opensim-users] revised terms...

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Wed Nov 26 21:36:54 UTC 2008

For sake of completeness, the hypergrid is a concept both at the logical
and physical levels.

At the logical level, it's a web of maps. As someone put it this
morning, it's "Mr. Spock's weird chess game" :-)
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Spock_McCoy_3D_chess.jpg
http://www.hemptrek.com/parmen/parmen.html

At the physical level, it performs a mashup of servers; region servers
end up interacting with a plurality of glue servers, instead of just one
of each type of service.