[Opensim-users] object persistence

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 3 03:28:37 UTC 2008

In either StandAlone or Grid mode, I am having problems
with the persistence of the following:

 (1) some objects that are set to "Physical" (via the object properties
       tab). In Grid Mode, they sometimes disappear after the UGAIM
      and OpenSim servers are shutdown and then restarted. I go back
      in-world, and these objects set to "Physical" are gone.

 (2) some object attributes: for example if an object is set to "Phantom",
       the object persists after the servers restart but the attribute
setting
       of "Phantom" is not saved.

 (3) avatar shape and clothing (changed by using the Inventory-Create Shape,
      etc)  - it is not saved from one server startup  to the next.

has anyone else experienced this? I would have thought that all object and
avatar properties would have been saved in the mySQL database.

-paul

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick