[Opensim-users] terrain load-tile questions

jon cundill jcundill at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 21:37:43 UTC 2008

Hi

>For a PNG or RAW file to be loaded for all 4 regions it has to be sized
>512x512.  Is that correct?

For RAW files this is correct. However the load-tile command is supported by
the png fileloader - currently you can only load tile with secondlife and
L3DT files

>When I load it using the terrain load-tile command I would use what
>information?
>
>terrain load-tile myterrain.png 2 2 ? ?
>
>What goes in the question marks is this the bottom left region
>coordinations?

Correct, so terrain load-tile myterrain.raw 2 2 100 100 in your example

>Do I need to do "change-region" to the bottom left region first?

No, you need to make sure you are in the root region, so change-region ..,
or change-region root before you load the terrain.

terrain load-tile won't work properly if you've changed into one of your
regions when you issue the command

Note: terrain load and terrain load-tile take the filename extension of the
terrain file to decide which loader to use. For L3DT the expected extension
is .f32 or .r32. The file needs to be renamed to this extension for it to
load with the L3DT loader. Any file with a .raw extension is assumed to be a
second life terrain file, which also has a .raw extension but a completely
different file format.

See http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Using_L3DT
<http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Using_L3DT>

for details on using L3DT