[Opensim-users] opensim 0.5.8 and mono not starting

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 04:51:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:33:21 -0400
"Stephen More" <stephen.more at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to start it using mono on RHEL4 all I get is:
> [opensimbin]$ mono OpenSim.exe
> log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: No appender named
> [NHibernateFileLog] could be found.
> log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named
> [NHibernateFileLog] not found.
> Performing compatibility checks...  Environment is compatible.
>
> Thats it, no more. Is this version working with mono ?
> What can I do to get more verbose output to identify why this is not
> starting ?

OpenSim is definitely working with Mono.

What version of Mono do you have installed on your RHEL4 system? It's
possible certain older versions are not capable of running OpenSim.

At any rate, it seems log4net[1] is breaking, and log4net is used
extensively throughout OpenSim. Look for information on fixing log4net
on your system.

Good luck,
Mike

[1] http://logging.apache.org/log4net/index.html