[Opensim-users] texture donation

Gryc Ueusp gryc.ueusp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:11:22 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008 1:34:08 pm LaeMi wrote:
> [I had trouble getting subscribed and my previous post(s) seem
> to have been bit-bucketed. sorry if this ends up a
> double-post!]
>

> I had made some man-hole cover textures for my own build which
> were trivial to alter to make them generic to OGS. They are at:
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laemi/ogs/
>
> The manhole parts were created from scratch in inkscape and gimp
> with visual reference to googled images.
>
> The SVG stencil is there too. To make my cast-iron look, I
> exported as PNG then used gimp to set the colour output range
> from 63-191 (grey) then applied a few RGB noise filters (in
> greyscale).
>
> Also in the folder is a solar cell which was from a googled
> image but has been so heavily altered that less than 25% of the
> original remains and I would challenge anyone to find a match
> with the original ;-P
>
> I release all files in this ogs directory as public domain. If
> anyone wants them, grab a copy, as I may take the files down in
> a few weeks if I need the space.
>
> Cheers.

Those look pretty nice! And thanks for putting them in the public domain, the
less restrictive the license, the better :D

If you wouldnt mind, uploading them to the wiki would probably be a good idea,
especially if you'd like to keep them somewhat linked to your nick.
Otherwise someone (probably me) can post them there for you, if you'd like.

--
Gryc Ueusp
<gryc.ueusp at gmail.com>