[Opensim-users] MySQL Errors Unique to Linux and .net

Terry Ford terry at trades.net
Tue Feb 26 21:13:42 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to the list but look forward to participating often.
I have been able to compile/run .5 on my XP machine using mysql and it
works well.

I decided to try to run it from my linux machine using mysql but
everytime I try starting the user server or the main opensim.exe file I
keep rec'ing the following error:

Unhandled Exception: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: SELECT
command denied to user: 'username at localhost' for table 'TABLES'
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket () [0x00000]
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult (System.UInt64&
affectedRows, System.Int64& lastInsertId) [0x00000]
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet () [0x00000]
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult () [0x00000]

I've have done some research on my own and have found this to be a linux
specific problem when using c#.

Has anyone figured out a workaround??

Thanks,
-Terry