[Opensim-users] minor bug in SceneObjectPart.cs

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Sun Feb 3 23:58:24 UTC 2008

[Not sure where exactly I should report this, so I'm spamming the users
list]

I've been trying to get rid of exceptions on my Mac OS X related to
missing libraries, but still got a few strange ones, like mono
complaining that it can't find libgdiplus.so -- I have no idea why it is
trying to load a .so library; Mac is not supposed to do that, it's
driving me nuts. Anyway, things are kind of working.

However, the latest stable release introduced a little problem which is
indirectly related to missing libraries. On building an inworld object,
the client crashes. I was able to track down the problem to
OpenSim/Region/Environment/Scenes/SceneObjectPart.cs, line 324:

private Color m_color = Color.Black;

Because of some library that mono is convinced that is missing, this
line is throwing an exception that's not being handled, therefore
killing the client. Changing this to this

private Color m_color;

solved the problem.