[Opensim-users] Forterra’s OLIVE metaverse platform

Giulio Prisco metaxlr8 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:53:55 UTC 2008

http://metaxlr8.net/index.php/site/forterras_olive_metaverse_platform/

IEEE Spectrum has an article on Forterra Systems' OLIVE metaverse
platform: Winner: Make Your Very Own Virtual World with OLIVE -
Forterra's OLIVE software makes the business of virtual-world
environments real. The article, and the platform, are very
interesting—it appears that Forterra has been spending real money to
upgrade the There VR engine to a robust high performance metaverse
platform (with a hefty price tag), and is beginning to make real money
selling it to high profile customers as a simulation and training
environment. I look forward to taking a look at OLIVE but I think that
a similar platform could also be built on the open source OpenSim
code—a reverse-engineered Second Life server platform. Second Life
users can learn more about OLIVE this Monday, Feb 4, 2008, at 11:00
SLT (2:00 EST), Robert Bloomfield and Metanomics will host Robert
Gehorsam, President of Forterra Systems Inc.

--
Giulio Prisco
gp at metafuturing.com
metafuturing S.L.