[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 57

Frank W Sweet fwsweet at backintyme.com
Mon Dec 29 19:55:18 UTC 2008

Diva wrote: I'm not sure what osConsoleCommand does. It may very well
be that it's not doing the right thing for the link-region command.

Forget about osConsoleCommand. I mentioned it only to answer BlueWall
why I have the threat level set to "Severe." For now, I hand-type the
link-region command (example: "link-region 5000 5000 pc.backintyme.com
9100 tsor2"). TPing works fine when I use the map, but fails (Region
name not found) when I use osTeleportAgent.

Diva wrote: If you submit a bug report with the involved scripts, I
can take a look.

According to wiki's support page, mantis is not for customer support.
It is reserved for developers willing to participate in the
development. I am a consumer. The entirety of the script in question
follows: default { touch_start(integer total_number) {
osTeleportAgent(llDetectedKey(0), "tsor2", <128,135,40>,
<128,250,40>); } }

Diva wrote: [regarding knowing region coordinates in the link-region
command]: This is not correct. You don't need to know the real
coordinates *ever* -- I do this setup all the time, including for
testing the new communication mechanisms we're working on. You are
doing something wrong.
Perhaps you could send me the two .ini files that you are using, so I
can compare them with mine. Alternatively, I would be happy to send
you mine. Again: (1) standalone (NOT grid), (2) two servers (NOT two
regions in one server), (3) one physical computer (NOT two physical
computers).

FWS