[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 57

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Dec 29 19:26:56 UTC 2008

Frank W Sweet wrote:
> No, there is something strange about osTeleportAgent when TPing to a
> purely HyperGrid region. My OS functions are enabled and my threat
> level is temporarily "Severe." This is because I am building a
> HyperGrid teleporter. When the user chooses a HyperGrid region, the
> device dynamically does a link-region using the osConsoleCommand
> function (that is why the threat level "severe" is needed). The
> dynamically issued link-region works fine by itself. And the
> osTeleportAgent function works if I send the user to an in-sim (not
> HyperGrid) region. But when the function tries to send the user to a
> HyperGrid region, a blue dialog box comes up that the region name was
> "not found." Of course, manually TP-ing to the target HyperGrid region
> from the map (where the region name is found) works fine. It just
> seems to me that, in order to use a _HyperGrid_ region name in the
> osTeleportAgent function, the name would have to be qualified in some
> way (with a uri or an ip or some such thing).

I'm not sure what osConsoleCommand does. It may very well be that it's
not doing the right thing for the link-region command.
If you submit a bug report with the involved scripts, I can take a look.

> Also, in case anyone is interested in the idiosyncracies of HG, I have
> discovered that if two standalone region servers are running inside
> the same box and you want to HG-tp between them, the "link-region"
> command MUST show the target region's real, actual coordinates.
> Otherwise, the target region's terrain will be invisible (and
> untouchable) when you arrive.

This is not correct. You don't need to know the real coordinates *ever*
-- I do this setup all the time, including for testing the new
communication mechanisms we're working on. You are doing something wrong.

Crista