[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 57

Frank W Sweet fwsweet at backintyme.com
Mon Dec 29 18:53:25 UTC 2008

No, there is something strange about osTeleportAgent when TPing to a
purely HyperGrid region. My OS functions are enabled and my threat
level is temporarily "Severe." This is because I am building a
HyperGrid teleporter. When the user chooses a HyperGrid region, the
device dynamically does a link-region using the osConsoleCommand
function (that is why the threat level "severe" is needed). The
dynamically issued link-region works fine by itself. And the
osTeleportAgent function works if I send the user to an in-sim (not
HyperGrid) region. But when the function tries to send the user to a
HyperGrid region, a blue dialog box comes up that the region name was
"not found." Of course, manually TP-ing to the target HyperGrid region
from the map (where the region name is found) works fine. It just
seems to me that, in order to use a _HyperGrid_ region name in the
osTeleportAgent function, the name would have to be qualified in some
way (with a uri or an ip or some such thing).

Also, in case anyone is interested in the idiosyncracies of HG, I have
discovered that if two standalone region servers are running inside
the same box and you want to HG-tp between them, the "link-region"
command MUST show the target region's real, actual coordinates.
Otherwise, the target region's terrain will be invisible (and
untouchable) when you arrive.

Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

Message: 1