[Opensim-users] Streaming Media Question

Tim Allen flipper at peregrinesalon.com
Wed Dec 31 15:37:27 UTC 2008

Just a few comments and things to consider for people who deal with
streaming media in SL / OpenSim / Rex:

(1) There's going to be a pretty major overhaul to FreeView / VWMedia
viewers (formerly SLGuide... argh, trademarks) at some point soon. The
SLGuide.com domain will eventually be going away, and replaced by
VWMedia.net.  We're taking this chance to add a lot of new features to
the system, including public and private streams, better checking of
streams to avoid link rot, and cleaning up the existing database (too
much spam).

(2) You can easily get a MP4 (SL/OpenSim compatible) link for any
Youtube video by changing the URL like this.

If the Youtube URL is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLIPWjks_M

The MP4 URL is:
http://www.youtubemp4.com/video/muLIPWjks_M.mp4