[Opensim-users] oddities with SecondInventory and Opensim 770x

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:18:33 UTC 2008

Interesting choice of words: "... since OS
appears to be vulnerable to any application using libSL, browsers
included."

This begs the questions: can opensim distinguish between clients? Should it
as a part of the core functionality?

I think the answer to the former, at least, is a resounding 'No".

In any event, last I heard, use of third-party inventory transfer systems
was not supported by the opensim team, if not actively discouraged (at
least, that was the case in the past).

I think that at the very least, it is safe to say "use at your own risk".

There are numerous good reasons why - not the least of which is that they
may in fact damage your inventory, not to mention the near-impossible task
of supporting someone else's closed-source application.

I am *truly* sorry that Sacha is having a problem with this, but I really
think he needs to seek out support from the vendor.

In the interim, if there is in fact a problem with SI corrupting
inventories, we should perhaps investigate some method of controlling its
use.

Cheers
James

The wind