[Opensim-users] oddities with SecondInventory and Opensim 770x

John Hopkin opensim at jfhopkin.karoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 15:41:12 UTC 2008

With all due respect, surely:

(a) This doesn't look like the cache glitch - with that, you see your
pre-existing inv items, just not the new ones.  It looks to me like
Sacha is saying the inventory is actually rendered unusable (permanent

(b) If (a) is correct, this is *not* purely a SI problem, since OS
appears to be vulnerable to any application using libSL, browsers
included.  An application using a standard API should not be able to
cause damage to the underlying database.

Even if SI had actually deleted the entire inventory or something,
surely you'd just see an empty inv, not "loading"?

All the best
John