[Opensim-dev] Fwd: Synchronous or ... (Fred Beckhusen)

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Mon Aug 30 16:19:57 UTC 2021

I would assume they rather meant the 1024x1024 pixel limit. There are no limitations of one million that I am aware of. I’m the one who set a 60 second sound clip limitation in Alchemy, Firestorm followed suit as they usually do with my changes. When I extended that, Second Life had no limitation on the length of sound clips, and I feel as though 60 seconds is generous enough for most applications. There was, in fact, very little in the way of sanitizing uploaded data pre-HTTP capabilities on Second Life. We regularly uploaded full length songs in ogg format on Second Life in the Onyx days. :) Most limitations are only vaguely technical or completely arbitrary. Hint is that the technical limitations are usually powers of 2.