[Opensim-dev] Synchronous or Asynchronous? osSetDynamicTextureURLBlendFace

Leal Duarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Wed Apr 28 15:59:19 UTC 2021

Hi,

     On Wiki Delay refers only to extra time penalty of some LSL functions

    "... to appear immediately" yeah.. miracles...

     http request must be async, or the entire script engine with just
stall awaiting for it...

    This http request will be far from fast, depending on network
conditions and image size.  Also having several to same endpoint, they
will be serielized ( ie only one after the other )  by the low level or
even the endpoint service. Google machines are not there to be flooded
by just you..

     Processing uses a lot of CPU. The image must be converted from
original formal (like jpg) to JPEG2000 (using CPU only) and viewer
texture asset format.

     When all that is done, viewers need to be told and then get the
texture..  add several more ms if not seconds..

     Far Far from "... to appear immediately" in fact you may just
freeze the entire region with a few requests...

Ubit.