[Opensim-dev] Synchronous or Asynchronous09osSetDynamicTextureURLBlendFace?=

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Wed Apr 28 15:20:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

texture loading is, by its nature, asynchronous. The texture is loaded by the viewer at its own pace - nothing opensim can do about that.

- Melanie
---- On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:56:45 +0100 Dr Ramesh Ramloll <mailto:r.ramloll at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hello,
The wiki says,
We are updating one of our applications that use StreetView images from
Google Maps and we use this function to display the images.
Ideally, we want the 360 surround views from Google to appear immediately
... so we used this function,
osSetDynamicTextureURLBlendFace()
which is supposed to have 0 seconds delay.
Not only does it not have 0 second delay as the opensim wiki says, but it
is also an asynchronous function, i.e. if you are loading n images ... it
will take n x delay for 1 load. We can makes things work after ploughing
through this friction ... but
Is this expected behavior?
Regards
Ramesh
*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>