[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - New Mumble/Murmur Module (UNCLASSIFIED)

Toni Alatalo toni at playsign.net
Thu Oct 1 12:32:06 UTC 2015

@Douglas Maxwell, we are using WebGL quite a lot (mostly with three.js) and
made a VW client that way against realXtend's Tundra server. Have thought
web clients for Opensimulator too and know about writing Opensimulator
clients in general from before.

I can't promise actual development work but would be glad to have a look &
comment on the designs if have something to say. Am getting public funding
for open source VW Web client dev too (from EU & University of Oulu
separately) so feel obligated as well :)

Sometimes the possibilities of using same client techs with different
servers (e.g. Tundra & Opensimulator, perhaps others?) has been discussed
too -- I don't know if that would ever actually make sense but would be
interesting as then we could really collaborate. Of course taking a look at
the designs helps to evaluate that a bit too.

~Toni

BTW: The U.S. Department of Defense sponsors also another (or well I don't
know how many :) Web based virtual framework -- am curious about it but
never looked really closely yet, I guess your efforts are not related or?
https://virtual.wf/