[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - New Mumble/Murmur Module (UNCLASSIFIED)

Maxwell, Douglas CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) douglas.maxwell3.civ at mail.mil
Thu Oct 1 11:44:03 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

@Austin: yes, we currently use Freeswitch in the MOSES grid.  This is not an optimal solution, but it works.

Complete instructions for how to replicate the MOSES grid deployment (including VOIP) can be found here:
http://militarymetaverse.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MIAB_Installation_Instructions_using_Virtual_Box_and_Ubuntu-141006.pdf

Right now, most of the MOSES team is focused on GPU implementation of PhysX & off-board physics calculations.  The Inworldz code will likely provide us with a significant leap in scripting performance once we complete the code review and integration.  Next we'll tackle client management.

I currently have one person tasked part time with work on the HTML5 client, so there will likely be slow progress on client work until we finish the server side improvements.  If someone wants to take a look at our designs and lend a hand, feel free to contact me.

v/r -doug

Douglas Maxwell, Ph.D.
Science and Technology Manager
Virtual World Strategic Applications
U.S. Army Research Lab
Simulation & Training Technology Center (STTC)
(c) (407) 242-0209