[Opensim-dev] Current Status of OpenSim Git Master

AJLDuarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Fri Nov 20 20:22:57 UTC 2015

- The opensim-0.6.9.. was a git side issue, now fixed. (actually already
points to future 0.9..)
- ubOde physics engine is a new alternative engine also based on
OpenDynamicsEngine library like Ode, being a evolution of it.
It is the default Avination engine. Since it had independent development and
was just added, it still needs its own mesh handler ubODEMeshmerizer, for
now incompatible with Meshmerizer. ubODEMeshmerizer and Meshmerizer will
eventually be merged.
 - Bullet, Ode and ubOde support var regions.

Original ODE is maintained only as a compatible engine, for regions that
only have scripts that need it to work.
It will be removed sometime in future.
New contents should use Bullet or ubOde. (i.e. more compatible with SL) and
old should be updated as possible.
ubOde and Bullet should be made be full compatible but some differences are
still expected now.

Compile warnings cleanup is not a priority at the moment (as long they are
just warnings).

Regards,
Ubit