[Opensim-dev] Still on Sim and Phys Frames per Second (FPS)

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Tue Nov 10 19:04:54 UTC 2015

On November 10, 2015 at 11:54:29 AM, Michael Emory Cerquoni (nebadon2025 at gmail.com <mailto:nebadon2025 at gmail.com> ) wrote:

and Cinder I did not mean to imply the viewer teams are the problem either, I do apologize if that is how it came off.  I am not trying to shift blame.  I completely agree with you infact, especially in this case with the stats, where the viewer teams were never informed, that is certainly not you or any viewer developers fault.  Really what i mean is there is not always parity between viewer teams in terms of what is and isnt implemented, eventually things balance out, but there tends to be big windows of uncertainty is all.  I am squarely pointing all fingers at the OpenSimulator project right now.
Thanks. It is worrisome to see Singularity winding down because they seemed to be the de facto canonical viewer since Imprudence stopped. I’ve tried sending patches to Firestorm myself and encouraging them to move to Alchemy’s OpenSim base, but not had much success in doing so.

Talked with Diva some months ago about moving to a more modular client-server model for the viewer and break away from conventional Second Life architecture and design patterns. I think that’s going to be the only way to outlive Second Life, by becoming a more expansive-use platform than SL ever did.

--
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail