[Opensim-dev] Still on Sim and Phys Frames per Second (FPS)

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Nov 7 21:19:56 UTC 2015

The issue here is the so-called "lag meter". Since removal of the
multiplier, this reports all opensim regions as laggy, without
exception. Users' trust in the "lag meter" is damaging OpenSim
reputation. This is not a value that is merely for display; the
viewer uses this value for computations that are then used to
"judge" a sim to be "laggy" if it's below 35 or so fps. OpenSim now
always reports a lesser value. This is damaging and needs to be made
configurable and by default match the viewer's expectations.

- Melanie