[Opensim-dev] Still on Sim and Phys Frames per Second (FPS)

AJLDuarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Sat Nov 7 16:29:28 UTC 2015

Users and scripts perception of regions health based on "facial values" of
some of those stats was made before OpenSim.
Values were not scaled because it was funny. Its was needed, possible
because viewers then needed it, ported content need it, and Users minds
needed it.
And this was maintained for all this years. Forcing the change of contents
and user minds changing pure scale factor now serves no valid purpose.

Also those metrics displayed on viewers aren't truly "true" outside the
system where they designed to profile.

Even with our best efforts to make them give some valid qualitative
information.
Other statistics were added to better profile OpenSim performance.

Regards,
Ubit