[Opensim-dev] Harvesting code from forks of Opensim

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Sun May 24 17:24:42 UTC 2015

It's all about the licenses. If the fork has its work under a license
compatible to OpenSimulator's, then porting code is possible.

IANAL but OpenSimulator uses a 3-clause BSD license. If the other project
kept that license or is a superset, then the code is compatible with
OpenSimulator. Pretty much any other licence (Apache, MIT, GPL, ...) will
require much legal massaging to include into OpenSmulator core.

== mb