[Opensim-dev] Mono 4.0 coming changes

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Tue Dec 30 14:40:32 UTC 2014

Dialing back the tone of my previous post ...

If it's easy to support folks who want to use the newer Mono, by the
addition of another prebuild file, or a new argument to the build
process, or even an in-place sed command (for example), then that's
probably the path of least resistance, and something I'd certainly be
happy to live with, until such a time as the newer Mono versions become
more commonly distributed, at which point things perhaps should reverse,
such that people wanting to use the older Mono versions should have to
go out of their way to do so. Everyone would win this way, yes?

-ste