[Opensim-dev] Mono 4.0 coming changes

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:57:28 UTC 2014

The way I see it is we make it easiest for the majority of users. I don't
see mono 4.x users being the majority for quite some time yet.

Personally, I get better memory utilization with Mono 2.10.8.1. Newer
versions use between 15% to 50% more memory. This raises my cost of running
regions. I also run other services besides OpenSimulator on my servers and
I don't appreciate unnecessary upgrades which put those services at risk.
Those services are also becoming more valuable to me than OpenSimulator,
and since I have limited resources available, something will have to give.

I doubt I'm the only one with these types of concerns.