[Opensim-dev] Questions about dynamic textures

Oren Hurvitz orenh at kitely.com
Tue Apr 22 08:16:19 UTC 2014

I have a few questions about dynamic textures - see
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Dynamic_textures

First, the Wiki says "The textures thus created are temporary". But in
DynamicTextureModule.DataReceived(), the asset that is created has
Local=false. It has an option to use Temporary=true, but that's not always
used (I've got examples that don't use it).

Second, I see attempts to delete these dynamic texture. But the asset
server doesn't allow deleting assets (except for very specific cases), so
these attempts fail. Of course, if the assets were actually temporary then
this wouldn't be a problem.

So, shouldn't dynamic textures be created with Local=true?

Oren

--
Oren Hurvitz
VP R&D