[Opensim-dev] Viewer doesn't render attachments after teleport

Nicky Perian nickyperian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:42:39 UTC 2014

Kokua's feature Refresh scene does the following and can be manually done
on any viewer.
Graphics->Advanced->Basic shaders tick to off.
At this point the frame rate will climb to as high a value that the network
will allow. In Kokua an info log message is written just to eat a little
time at the high frame rate.
Then, Basis shaders are ticked back on. This dresses the scene. Based on
that I don't know if the prim/attachment is fully present in the viewer or
not. Does the high frame rate over ride some net latency and pull all the
prim's elementary data in or was it there all along and the redressing just
put everything in order? LL has viewer interesting (interest list) in work
and didn't want me to do any work on the missing prim issue until that
viewer is in release. The Refresh scene was put in instead of a hackish
approach of dropping Basic shaders before TP and turning them back on at
completion. There appears to be some thread issues in TP's as my
experimentation showed that setting a variable before TP did not
necessarily insure that the arrival part of TP would have that same value.

As noted in this thread about ordering, I think there is merit in exploring
that aspect.