[Opensim-dev] OpenSim scalability, Intel DSG, Distributed Scence Graph

dz dz at bitzend.net
Thu Jun 28 15:29:23 UTC 2012

Stanley,

      I have participated in some of the load testing done with the DSG
stuff on Science Sim.

While you can support large numbers of avatars, there are some interesting
restrictions...

You will need to have  COMPLETED your build in a master region..
  I believe building is supported in the "shadow" regions now..  but i
don't know that it appears to all.

You will need to remind folks that  changing appearances in the main region
is a no- no
sending texture rebakes to all 800/1000  is a performance killer...

Its been a while, maybe a year since the last test i was involved with..
So i don't know how up to date this info is...

But... I have been in a region with 800 avatars and  a VERY large number of
prims...
I hope this works for you...Please keep the list up to date with your
findings