[Opensim-dev] strange code in object "Creator", "Owner", etc.

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 23:17:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 01:33:01PM -0700, Diva Canto wrote:
> No, this is not related to HG. I don't know what it is, but it looks
> like SL's SLURLs. So it must be the viewer that's doing that.

Ah!  OK, then, it's probably something in my configuration of Firestorm.
Looking at the grids.fallback.xml file that Firestorm uses to configure
grids, one of the keywords is "slurl_base".  They seem to be a mixture
of http:// and hop:// URLs, with the rest after that being the same
(including port) as most of the services.  What is "hop"?  (Google tells
me it's a wireless thing, which can't be right here.)  I've never heard
of that protocol before.  Right now, I have my grid with the http://
version, ending in the standard port.  I will try, black-box style,
putting hop:// in, to see if that does anything.

How are SLURLs handled in OpenSim?  (Probably too basic a topic for this
list; could somebody point me to a Wiki page, or to the module in
OpenSim that deals with it?  None of the modules in ServiceConnectors
have a name that is obvious to me as the thing to look at.)

-Rob

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rknop at pobox.com