[Opensim-dev] llDetectedType and NPC's

Argus argus at archimuh.de
Sun Jul 8 19:22:58 UTC 2012

Quote: "If your solution is dependent on deviating from  the SL
definition for any "ll" API call, it may be easier for all involved in
the future if you can redesign it such as to avoid future
incompatibilities."

  The implementation of NPCs are causing the deviations from SL while
all my scripts are based on the SL definitions and also run 1:1 in SL.
If there would be a possebility to solve this issue, I also would
redesign my application, but sofar I havnt found any relyable method for
NPC detection other than llDetectedType returning NPC even when using
OS_NPC_SENCE_AS_AGENT. Even in our Opensim code we find the name changes
for hg visitors implemented as detection with the deffrence that NPC are
excluded via the opensim code.

This is also a problem for others, it not only me who is having issues
with NPC detection.