[Opensim-dev] Status of presence refactor?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:57:14 UTC 2010

Frisby, Adam wrote:
> I would like to start the SOP refactor fairly soon - what if once 0.7 is tagged for the RC process; I go and and make a new branch; we can sic testers on the presence-branch, while dev happens on the branch I tag?

My concern with branching for 0.7 release candidates immediately after the presence-refactor merge is that we won't get everybody helping to iron out the inevitable hiccups since most people follow master.  Waiting a couple of weeks for at least some of this to happen is the minimum, I feel.  Ideally, I'd like that to be longer but I know that you and other folk want to press ahead.

I guess some of this depends on how disruptive the refactor is.  What do you think?  I'm assuming there will be breakage but perhaps I'm wrong?

Of course, I guess you could create a separate sop-refactor branch at any point and start work there, possibly merging back to master and continuing in master once 0.7 RC has been branched.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org