[Opensim-dev] Transfering inventory from Library folders

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 12:31:55 UTC 2010

I've been thrashing around for a while - time to ask the people who actually
know what they are doing... as part of my attempts to create a HUD-based
appearance management system I need to be able to force updates of the HUD
and related clothes and attachments.  I previously had some success in
writing a region module that uploaded IARs to users when they logged in and
attached the HUD.  However, it seems to me that using the Library is
probably the right way to go.  Dropping iar files in the bin/Library folder
gets them into peoples Library folder - but I can't work out how in a region
module I would copy a folder or set of folders into the AVs main inventory
and then wear items.  Any pointers much appreciated (unless you think this
is an unworkable idea in the first place!)

Neil