[Opensim-dev] Transfering inventory from Library folders

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:12:31 UTC 2010

On 02/12/10 12:31, Neil Canham wrote:
> I've been thrashing around for a while - time to ask the people who actually know what they are doing... as part of my
> attempts to create a HUD-based appearance management system I need to be able to force updates of the HUD and related
> clothes and attachments.  I previously had some success in writing a region module that uploaded IARs to users when they
> logged in and attached the HUD.  However, it seems to me that using the Library is probably the right way to go.
>   Dropping iar files in the bin/Library folder gets them into peoples Library folder - but I can't work out how in a
> region module I would copy a folder or set of folders into the AVs main inventory and then wear items.  Any pointers
> much appreciated (unless you think this is an unworkable idea in the first place!)

I think the nearest thing we current have is avatar to avatar inventory transfer.  Look in
OpenSim/Region/CoreModules.Avatar/Inventory.Transfer/InventoryTransferModule.cs for this.

The Scene.GiveInventoryFolder() method is the important one.  You might be able to supply the uuid for the library
'user' for this.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org