[Opensim-dev] [realXtend] Re: 3Di Viewer "Rei" goes open source (BSD licensed in-browser viewer)

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:15:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Frisby, Adam <adam at deepthink.com.au> wrote:
> It works with vanilla but from my understanding not ModRex; the meshes are
> handled as Irrlicht meshes if I understand correctly. Synchronising these
> mesh standards (in both rex & 3diov) might be a good idea methinks.
>

> … then if we can get someone to adjust the full viewer, we’d have somewhat
> of a standard on our hands.
>

> Adam

I agree with this completely. I'd love to see modrex modified to
handle Rei (and a suitable name-change is also no problem).

If 3Di releases their specs, or someone reverse engineers what they're
doing, and wraps it up in a proposal that *increases* standardization,
we might be able to find funding for it.

Cheers,