[Opensim-dev] Mono minimum version bump

Snowdrop Short snowdrop.short at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:31:46 UTC 2009

Personally I find this constant relying on the latest and greatest
version quite annoying.

Using a version of Mono, which isn't in the published repo's is not only
complicated, but has a tendency to cause problems in other parts of the
OS, at least in Ubuntu it does.

Not only does it cause instabilities, e.g. in Beagle, but it also causes
problems when logging support requests to Canonical.

Isn't it possible to attack the specific crash some other way, e.g. use
a different method or a different sequence of statements?

Although I'm not core, I'd still give this -1