[Opensim-dev] versioning question

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 3 15:07:50 UTC 2009

With the use of git or svn, what is the relationship between the
Version and the Build #? Once upon a time, we would do a
"show version" in the console, and it was very clear which specific
opensim version was being used. Now, it says:

OpenSim 0.6.6 (Dev) (interface version 5)

rather than something clearer (at least to me) like:

OpenSim Version 10115

The problem is that I don't know which build to refer to as I would imagine
that the code base changes daily. Thanks.

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick