[Opensim-dev] Opensim.ini and the various config files

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:32:31 UTC 2009

Unfortunately I have a broken 0.6.3 system (Grid, UGAIM and 12
regions on single server) with my user server crashing whenever we
connect an SL client (though it continues to run without the user
server), so we do have to move on.  We had planned a fresh start at
some stage anyway, and plan a complete fresh Grid system, and the
load the old content back through the 12 saved OARs for each
region.  We left all inventory for avatars in boxes on the land to
help the process.

I have spent the last while looking at the various docs and
understating the (RO)BUST replacement of the AI servers.

Question 1) Is 0.6.6 already UG(R)M and needs the new .ini and
architecture sections to be set up, or should we wait a bit longer?

Question 2) Do we have a reliable UPGRADE mechanism for working
systems with the new setup... it took a login time to establish a
reliable way to do that for the various modes for earlier releases
you may recall.  But I guess all the documentation on that is now obsolete?

We are happy to try to get this sorted out and document our
experience and the tested update process for the wiki when we know
the route.  A few guidance point from the dev team would help and
avoid us wasting time though.  Thanks folks, Ai