[Opensim-dev] The notion of "core"

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:29:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Teravus Ovares <teravus at gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to have some negative feelings about us.   You have your own

You seem to have profoundly misunderstood my words yet again. I'm not
sure where you get "negative" from...

> fork though that you manage..   called Taiga.   Are you saying that

Taiga is comprised of OpenSim (although we now track JHurliman's
branch of ScienceSim), cable beach, and ModreX.

Given JHurliman's branch of opensim is a temporary git branch, calling
it a fork is quite a stretch. In fact it's quite my point that "fork"
is meaningless with DVCS.

Also, since we have no reX-specific modification, it's more like an
svn:external.

> you involve the community for all decisions about Taiga including who
> gets commit rights?    I seriously doubt it.

No, we use a web of trust system, ie. each current contributor gets to
decide on their own who gets commit access to SVN -- if we used git
even that distinction would become meaningless.

Ie, if you want commit access -- let me know, I'll set you up asap.

> This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think this is a case of not understanding what I'm talking about.
It's also not the first time you've done that to attack me publicly
even though you have my IM.

> Regards
>
> Teravus

Cheers,