[Opensim-dev] Implemented oar merge facility

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Fri Nov 27 15:59:15 UTC 2009

We need to do something new because of all the metadada associated
with this kind of content, but we don't need to reinvent the wheel
from scratch:

http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/tar1.html

There's more options in tar than one would care to implement here, but
they are certainly a good starting point. The main difference is that
files don't have a whole lot of metadata, therefore tar is relatively
light in terms of filters. But it does have the --exclude=PATTERN
which is very rich.