[Opensim-dev] Implemented oar merge facility

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:49:39 UTC 2009

I totally get the z1 to z2 approach.  I had a situation a while back where
I'd been doing a lot of experimental building up around 3,000 to 4,000
meters and had kind of forgotten about that stuff up there and focused on
some ground-level builds.  Well, when I made an OAR I thought it was a bit
big and then remembered the 5,000 or so prims I'd "abandoned" up above.  If
I could have just backed up a certain elevation section then I could have
backed up the stuff on the ground and left the other stuff up above out of
the backup.  Would make for a much cleaner and consistent restoration in a
new region later.

So definitely +1 to the idea of backing up based on Z coords, if that is at
all a possibility for future consideration...

- Len W. Brown
     lenwbrown at gmail.com