[Opensim-dev] 23 LSL functions remaining

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:57:25 UTC 2009

I don't think 100% compatibility is possible given some of the quirks of the
LSL language, and differences between the LSL2 and mono implementations that
exist on the Linden grid. There will always be some differences. I also
don't believe that many of the OpenSim developers see 100% SL compatibility
as a goal for OpenSim. Rather, the SL viewer has been the first viewer used
for development. As OpenSim continues to be developed and support for new
viewers and protocols are added, there will likely be substantial divergence
from the SL path.

Of course if members of the user community submit acceptable patches which
provide increased compatibility, they will likely be included into the code
base.