[Opensim-dev] Round 2: Config changes preview

BlueWall Slade bluewall.slade at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:17:28 UTC 2009

I'm wondering how this compares with the way things were done using
-inimaster and -inifiles. I have been using those options to run OpenSim
using a single install base to run a local test grid and some regions on
OSG. some of the regions are OGP enabled, some hypergrid enabled, some both.

There are no configuration files in the ./bin directory. They reside in a
directory structure that contains them, plus directories for the regions and
scripts to control the different instances. To do this, I use a master file
for the local grid and one for OSGrid,  with a few small inifiles to break
out the different options such as ports, ogp settings and the directory for
the Regions files.

It's unclear if the new system will work for a setup like this. Or if it
does work, how do you achieve it?

Will we be able to move the ./config directories out of ./bin?

Can we still use -inimaster and -inifile?

Will there be files in the ./config structure to accomplish this?

Thanks!
BlueWall