[Opensim-dev] More login refactoring

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Mar 12 02:05:05 UTC 2009

Actually, it's more than modules pertaining to the User Services. The
Grid Services too. Specifically, these two

            m_httpServer.AddXmlRPCHandler("map_block",
XmlRpcMapBlockMethod);
            m_httpServer.AddXmlRPCHandler("search_for_region_by_name",
XmlRpcSearchForRegionMethod);

Standalones may also want to provide these services, especially with
better clients coming on the horizon.

The Hypergrid already has some of those modules for standalones, namely
Inventory and Asset, so that inventory of standalone users can be
accessed from the outside. But, really, this is not the right way of
doing it, because it has a fair amount of code duplication with what's
in the corresponding Servers.

Any ideas?
And apologies if this touches again on the heated discussion between MW
and Melanie a couple of weeks ago...