[Opensim-dev] More login refactoring

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Mar 12 01:29:08 UTC 2009

Lbsa/MW,

I know you have been refactoring the login code a bit. I wonder if
you're stopping here or if there's more coming. The reason I ask is this.

OpenSim.Framework.Communications.LoginResponse is pretty much the Linden
Viewer login response, so it should go somewhere under Linden.Login. You
already did part of this for standalone. But this brings up a bigger
issue: substantial parts of the login code, including this LoginResponse
but not only, are shared between Region (standalone) and
Grid.UserServer. I wonder if there's a way of making them be modules
that both the region server (in standalone mode) and the User server can
load?

Ideally, one would have a collection of Login modules that people can
choose to support on their grids/standalones.

How far are we from being able to do that?

Crista