[Opensim-dev] Preview split up of OpenSim.ini.example now in bin/config.preview.donotuseyet

BlueWall Slade bluewall.slade at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:04:04 UTC 2009

When I first saw the proposals to split the ini file out in a directory, it
looked like OpenSim would use the -inimaster switch to set the directory,
which would be nice for running in a single install base. Because you could
provide a folder for each major configuration, then use the -inifile to
override the minor differences. This makes sense to me. It doesn't make
sense, to me, to have a folder just for default settings to be overriden by
inifiles. Please don't re-create the MS Registry. Vim works fine on a text
file, anything beyond a text file(s) should be a project for gforge as an
add on.

Thanks
BlueWall