[Opensim-dev] How to rotate head from REST plugin

Andrea Milani andrea.milani at fastmail.net
Tue Mar 3 09:11:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am writing a REST plugin for OpenSim. The purpose is to control an
avatar via HTTP calls. My plugin receives an HTTP POST with an XML
payload describing the command, executes the command and returns a reply
to the client.
So far I've been able to move the avatar around, using the
ScenePresence.DoMoveToPosition method, and rotate his body, using the
sit-down trick (similarly to what is seen in the
ScenePresence.DoAutoPilot method).
However now I need to rotate the avatar's head and I can't find a way to
do it. It seems head rotation is controlled exclusively by the viewer
(Hippo in my case) and cannot be changed on the server side. Does
anybody know if it is possible to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Andrea