[Opensim-dev] Handling of "Default Media Texture"

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:28:33 UTC 2009

At 08:19 22/01/2009, Dahlia Trimble <dahliatrimble at gmail.com> wrote:
>If the texture had a license which would allow it to be distributed freely
>outside of Linden Lab, then it could probably be included. If not, then I
>imagine that the UUID which is defined by the constant DEFAULT_TEXTURE might
>be able to be defined to reference the one which is currently distributed.

I don't think we need any actual texture.

ANY texture will work for the default media texture.  Putting in just
a 50% tone grey is all that is needed.

ditto for the transparent texture.  It can be made afresh...no copy
of Second  Life assets is needed.  Its just the fixed constant LSL
UUID that is critical... hence the reason you cannot just make your
own separately in each opensim.