[Opensim-dev] Status of voice

Ralf Haifisch ralf at ralf-haifisch.biz
Sun Jan 18 09:39:45 UTC 2009

Dear all,

i haven´t read about the voice features for a while.

Yesterday I got in a private discussion on a party, and my contact was one
of a german language school.

They did already play in SL, but for some reasons form costs to flexibility
and having full control – he liked the opensim idea very much.

Could someone post a status of voice, esp. spatial sound (they don´t want to
go with a separate Skype session, because it would be missing spatial sound
related to inworld)

I have seen the Asteriks section in opensim.ini – if for testing the problem
would be to host a Asterisk Server (or even some other voice-server) I would
volunteer for this.

Ralf Huelsmann aka Ralf Haifisch